Friday, September 5, 2008

Greetings From Vietnam





I made it! 4 planes and 28 hours later, I arrived here in Hanoi just before 10am Vietnam time Friday. My trip went very well. I was able to sleep 7 hours on the long flight from LA to Hong Kong. The weather here is just like Charleston, warm & humid, so no climate adjustment needed. My hotel is very nice and the wait staff are wonderful and very helpful. I had a shower and a short nap this afternoon and just finished a small dinner from a restaurant down the street called the Kiti. It looks like I will have to wait a day longer to get Maddie. I received an email from our agency contact just after arriving and they said that we will go to the orphanage on Tuesday to get the babies. The rest of the Phu Tho families are getting here tomorrow and Sunday, so I will have some friends to hang out with soon. I am looking forward to talking to Andy & the boys this evening via Skype, we're all hooked up on both ends, so let's hope it works. Above are just a few pictures of the beginning of my journey.

3 comments:

trish said...

Loreen- I am so glad you made it to Vietnam safely! I am so excited for you and I will be checking your blog often! Brendan is going to come over later to play (the schools got canceled today due to Hurricane Hanna!). Miss you! Love, Trish

Sandra & Steve said...

Congrats on your safe arrival! Can't wait to see pics of you and Maddie finally.

Teresa said...

Enjoy your short "break" before Motherhood resumes. I glad you made it to VN safely. I anxiously await photos of the newest mother & daughter duo!