Thursday, September 18, 2008

Water Puppet Show







We haven't really done any "big" sightseeing since our last post. We have been enjoying strolling the busy streets of Hanoi and shopping a bit. Yesterday (Wednesday) we picked up the baby's passports and went to the SOS clinic for their visa exams. Maddie didn't like the appointment very much, she SCREAMED the whole time the Dr. was checking her. She weighed in at just under 20lbs. which was surprising since she has been eating very well since I picked her up from the orphanage. But she got a clean bill of health. Today we were very happy to learn that our Embassy appointments were moved up from Monday to tomorrow morning at 10a.m. which means we could have Maddie's visa by tomorrow afternoon, then we are free to go home, yeah!
This evening we went to the water puppet show which was very cute. The girls all did very well and made it through the whole thing. They were quite interested in the music and lights. I posted a picture from the show above. It was an hour long show with lots of Vietnamese music and puppets in the water that told Vietnamese stories. It was all in Vietnamese so it was hard to tell what the stories were about, but it was very entertaining. Also, as promised are some smiley pictures of Maddie. I am having such a fun time with her. She is very goofy when we play and giggles and smiles a lot. She really likes music too. When she hears music she sways back and forth and claps her hands. I am just amazed as I learn all of the things she can do. I also posted a picture of our appetizer from "happy hour" last night, they are vietnamese fried vegetable spring rolls. We thought it was so pretty how it was presented.

2 comments:

trish said...

Wow! I LOVE the pictures! And I recognize that little purple & white checked outfit with the pink flower! I'll have to show these pics to Julia. And Maddie has quite a few teeth, too! I love her smile. Can't wait to see you and meet Maddie!

Teresa said...

What a beautiful smile!! I am so happy things are going well for you and Maddie & maybe even being able to come home early -- that is wonderful news!!